Salesforce is a cloud-based Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application that allows Georgetown McDonough School of Business (MSB) to store, track, manage, and build better relationships with constituents from one place. It provides a picture of what our engagements look like with our contacts (alumni, current students, and external relations). With Salesforce, Georgetown McDonough discover countless ways of cultivating these relationships and finding unique and valuable opportunities.
Staff members looking to use Salesforce must complete the following steps and requirements before receiving access:
- Review the Acceptable Use Policy. Sign the form at the end and turn it into your supervisor for approval.
- Submit a digital copy of the AUP to email@example.com, along with a message requesting access to Salesforce.
*Note: Be sure to include your reasons for needing access to Saleforce and a description of how you are planning to use it if not already covered in the AUP. Please submit these in the form of a bulleted list for ease of review.
- Wait for our message confirming your access. This message will also include a training schedule based upon the information given in step (b). Approval happens within a couple of days of the request, unless additional licenses need to be obtained from our vendor. If you have not received a message after a substantial period of time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your concerns.
We provide training on an as-needed basis, and depending on how you might use Salesforce. Training topics we provide include, but are not limited to the following:
- Core CRM Training (Navigation, Contacts, Organizations, basic reporting)
- Campaigns / Mailer
- Advanced Reporting / Dashboards
- Collaboration Features
We also provide additional advanced CRM training for certain applications and functions such as chatter, notes & attachments, activities, affiliations & relationships, etc.
If you have any questions about Salesforce training, or would like to schedule a training session, please contact msb-appsupport.
Cirrus Insight is an application that allows you to work with your Salesforce contacts within Gmail. Cirrus Insight provides the following functions:
- Lookup and edit Salesforce contact information via Gmail
- Create new Salesforce contact and new Salesforce organizations via Gmail
- Create and assign activities (Tasks, Events, Log a call) in Salesforce from Gmail
- Save important Emails & Attachments into Salesforce from Gmail
- Salesforce email templates can be accessible in Gmail
- Make conference calls right from Gmail, click here
- Install Cirrus Insight into your web browser by clicking here. If you need help, call the MSB Tech Center for assistance or email email@example.com.
- Request a license for Cirrus Insight by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MSB-Appsupport will email you when your license is ready.
Getting started with Cirrus Insight: How to Use Cirrus Insight
Ease of Use: Cirrus Insight Makes CRM Easy
The Geopointe application allows Salesforce customers to gain spatial insights and apply geography to their business processes. Geopointe integrates Salesforce with Google Maps to help you visualize your Salesforce data geographically. It provides numerous ways for end-users, administrators, and developers to tap into the geographical aspects of their data.
For more information about Geopointe's functions and capabilities visit the Salesforce App Exchange
If you would like to gain access to Geopointe, email email@example.com and request a license. Users should expect a response within 24 hours.
Getting started with Geopointe:
Getting Started Video
Below are links to the answers of many of the questions frequently asked by our Salesforce users, as well as links to basic instructions and videos on how to navigate the Salesforce platform. If you have a question or concern that is not covered in the one of the links below, please contact the Apps Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Specific Browser Information
|Microsoft® Internet Explorer® versions 7, 8, 9, and 10
||If you use Internet Explorer, we recommend using the latest version. Apply all Microsoft software updates. Note these restrictions.
- The Compatibility View feature in Internet Explorer isn’t supported.
- The Metro version of Internet Explorer 10 isn’t supported.
- Internet Explorer 7 and 8 aren’t supported for the Developer Console.
- Internet Explorer 7 isn’t supported for Open CTI.
- Internet Explorer 7 isn’t supported for Salesforce CRM Call Center built with CTI Toolkit version 4.0 or higher.
- Internet Explorer 7 isn’t supported for Force.com Canvas.
- IE7 and IE8 are less secure.
- IE7 and IE8 are not HTML5 compatible.
Note: Microsoft will stop supporting IE7 and IE8 in January 2015. In addition, beginning with Salesforce Summer ‘15 release, some features/functionality may no longer work in IE7 and IE8 browsers. Bugs or performance issues that appear only when using IE7 and IE8 will not be investigated or fixed by salesforce.com after this release.
More information can be found in this here.
For configuration recommendations, see “Configuring Internet Explorer” in the Salesforce Help.
|Mozilla® Firefox®, most recent stable version
||Salesforce.com makes every effort to test and support the most recent version of Firefox. For configuration recommendations, see “Configuring Firefox” in the Salesforce Help.
|Google Chrome™, most recent stable version
||Google Chrome applies updates automatically; salesforce.com makes every effort to test and support the most recent version. There are no configuration recommendations for Chrome. Chrome isn’t supported for the Console tab or the Add Google Doc to Salesforce browser button.
|Google Chrome Frame™ plug-in for Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 6 and 7
||Supported plug-in for Internet Explorer 6 and 7 only. Google Chrome Frame applies updates automatically; Salesforce supports only the most recent version. For configuration recommendations, see “Installing the Google Chrome Frame™ Plug-In for Microsoft® Internet Explorer®” in the Salesforce Help. Chrome Frame plug-in isn’t supported for the Salesforce console or Forecasts.
|Apple® Safari® versions 5.x and 6.x on Mac OS X
||There are no configuration recommendations for Safari. Apple Safari on iOS isn’t supported.
Toolkit versions below 4.0.
- Safari isn’t supported for the Salesforce console.
- Safari isn’t supported for Salesforce CRM Call Center built with CTI
||To learn more about Salseforce Mobile, click here.